In these times when there are proactive measures to reduce carbon footprints and energy consumption, saving on lighting costs can be very significant. In the UK, lighting accounts for 15% of the electric consumption of a typical household. By using energy efficient bulbs such as LEDs and CFLs, lighting costs can be cut. LED downlights have become a popular lighting fixture for homes not only for energy efficiency but also for aesthetics. Here are other reasons why it is worth investing in this cost-effective lighting option.
- They last long. LED downlights can last a long time because most LEDs can work for up to 100,000 hours, which is equal to about 11 years in constant use or 22 years if used 50% of the time. If you use yours for 8 hours in a day, it can last for up to 20 years. That means even if it costs you a hefty amount when switching to LEDs, it is still worth the investment because it means you will not have to replace your bulbs for years.
- They are energy efficient. LED downlights convert 80 to 90% of electricity into light, while the rest to heat. LEDs use only a fraction of the energy of other traditional lighting solutions. That means you can enjoy dramatic savings in your electricity bill once you switch to LED lights.
- They are easy to maintain. LED lights last longer, but they do require a bit of cleaning and inspecting occasionally to remain efficient and to check for any issue.
- They are safe to use. LED lights produce less heat than other types of lighting, thus, they are safer to use. You can compare that if you stand under halogen downlights and LED lamps and feel the heat under halogen lights. This is such an important advantage of LED lighting because you can almost be sure your home is safe from fire.
- They are better for the environment. LED lights are recyclable, made of eco-friendly materials and do not emit harmful UV light. Since it uses less energy, you also reduce your carbon footprint.
- They offer various designs and uses. LED downlights come in different base colours including green, red, amber and blue. They can be blended to create many other colours. LED downlights are not just used for home lighting. They are also used in the aerospace industry, broadcasting, gaming and entertainment industries for specific lighting tasks.
LED downlights are definitely a good choice if you are thinking about upgrading your lighting fixtures at home. There is a wide selection of LED downlights UK suppliers offer in the market, and you can choose the ones that perfectly suit your needs. This way, you can benefit from the style, flexibility, and efficiency of this type of lighting.