Removing the spots of mould from the wall

mould from the wall

Moulds are a common component of household and work place dust where they are potentially harmful to humans which can lead to some allergic reactions. The removal process is simple in small areas but when it has spread to a larger area then it is quite tedious. Water is the main source for the cause of this problem which can damage the entire wall along with the electrical gadgets that are connected with.If the wall is non-porous then it can be simply wiped with the help of a wet cloth. But when it is porous there are severe killing products that are available in market today like bleach, vinegar and borax. 

mould from the wallThe mould does not grow on the surface but on the inside of the material and sometimes you may even tend to cut off the wall if it has developed widely. It may look like a cracked or peeling paint, discoloration and bulging which are the starting stages for the development of mold. It can lead to cavity in the wall and cause allergic reactions to the people who inhale it.High humidity, condensation and water leaks are the main source for the development of mould in the walls. Therefore decrease the humidity of the home through proper ventilation in windows.

Once the mould is identified ensure that the area is prepared to remove the affected items and salvage with a good cleaning. Scrub with a brush or a sponge and mix with bleach or water solution which can remove the mould easily. To ensure mould is removed make use of a stain remover which can completely remove even after scrubbing. Make use of different cleaning solutions like vinegar which comes with lot of fumes that can destroy the mould and the respective particles. Borax solution can be mixed with warm water which is an effective killer for the existing mould as well as prevent future growth of the mould. For musty odors anti-microbial spray treatments can be used that can clean your entire room protecting all the things. Mould usually grows in warm and best environment so maintain the humidity of the house to below 50% as possible.

Lower the indoor humidity with the help of a dehumidifier or use a vent fan that can maintain the temperature of the house. Do not paint on the mouldy area but remove the stains before you do the painting. Since these air born spores can build up the moisture behind the walls always make sure that the window is kept open whenever you do the work. To prevent it from coming back proper anti-mildew paint should be purchased from most of the stores. Install for an electric dehumidifier in the mould affected areas that can prevent for any further attacks. Upgrade the insulation in your home where the walls and ceilings should be insulated neatly that can avoid for condensation. Keeping in mind the potential damages the home remedial techniques can actually save the walls to a greater extent thus keeping you secure and protected.

Shital

Shital regularly contributes to current health articles and healthy living ideas to health blogs around the web. When she’s not busy working with the jobs, you will find her undertaking many of her own health-related topics and healthy living ideas! She has a lot of dreams. She works hard to fulfill her dreams. She loves to share her ideas, tricks, tips, and information by blogging. She also works at Creativejasmin.com, a company that committed to helping businesses with online marketing.

Be first to comment