Were you awestruck last winter after coming back to your house after a month long vacation? Were there ants queuing up inside your house? Or you found your house in a state of flood due to a leaking pipe in the kitchen? Cleaning and repairing the mess caused you to waste a few days more making you take leave from office if you ever loose your key you need to make sure that you find the right 24 hour locksmith look here
Oh what a life, you murmur! Here you come home so happy and fresh after a really lovely vacation in the woods, and you have to don the role of a housecleaner and repair person. And to hear your boss’s angry remarks for not showing up at office at the decided day is another slap on your face. When you face all this, all the joy that you experienced in a period of one month is forgotten in a moment as if you never went there.
If you want to avoid such an eventuality and want your house in a clean, comfortable, and warm state –much like the way you left it, take certain security precautions before you are out. You may take the aid of Housekeeping services for better security while you are away.
Top Home Security Measures:
- Mend Leaking Pipes and Taps: Check all the taps, pipes, and tanks before going on a vacation. If they are leaking, broken, or dysfunctional, call a plumber to repair them so that you can be rest assured that they don’t leak or burst causing water flooding in your house. This could reach uncontrollable limits in a period of one month if left unrepaired. So, once you get them repaired, you can be confident that you will meet your house in a dry state once you are back.
- Be Proactive with Pest Control: Don’t think that you need not worry about pests when you are away from home. Pests have a striking ability to multiply fast, so if you had one cockroach while you left, you may be greeted with a village of cockroaches once you are back. I am sure you will not want such an unwelcome intruder into your house. So, call for pest control services to spray insecticides and pesticides inside your house. The effect of these remains for a long time. So, once you are back, you won’t really find any undesirable critters like bedbugs, cockroaches, ants, mosquitoes, or flies bugging you.
- Seal from Environmental Detriments: If you live in a place where there is a risk of environmental detriments like heavy rains, snowfall, or winds wrecking your house by damaging roof tops or breaking window panes, take precautionary measures to protect your home. You may shield your windows from outside with a thick cardboard so that snow, rains, or winds do not come into contact with them and break them. Check your roof for presence of holes which could spell disaster if rains and snow make their way inside the house through these holes. Nobody wants a wet and smelly house after they return from vacation.
- Leave no Scope for Human Attacks: Make sure you lock your house securely before leaving preferably with an extra lock. And make sure you never give the key to an unreliable person who could make a replica out of it and carry out theft in your absence. If you have any valuables in your house like a big sum of cash, jewellery box, or other things, lock them up securely or store them in a bank. In case of any event of robbery, your valuables will be saved, and your overall loss will be insignificant.
- Hire Property Management Services: If you are not capable of securing your house on your own, hire the help of house watching services like the Hamptons property management to carry out the task for you. This way, you can enjoy your vacation without worries as your house will be in the hands of a reliable and capable party.