If you’re considering moving, there are plenty of Augusta, GA homes for sale. If you’re wondering if Augusta is right for you, the following is a list of some of the area’s perks:
- Augusta is a top ten listed place to live. Augusta keeps making the top ten lists of great places to live in publications such as Money Magazine and Digital Journal. The city’s low cost of living, low stress job market and low housing costs all contribute to top ten status. Being located along the Savannah River doesn’t hurt, either.
- The area is home to Masters Week. If you love golf, there’s nowhere else to be during the second week in April. Watch the sport’s best players compete on one of the best courses in the world during Masters Week.
- There is an abundance of free things to do. Enjoy the Appleby Library Summer Concert Series, the Morris Museum of Art, the Phinizy Swamp Nature Park and the Confederate Dead War Memorial – all for free. There’s also the Riverwalk, Cotton Exchange and the U.S. Army Signal Corps Museum to visit, gratis.
- The area has plenty of great parks. Whether you’re looking for somewhere to have a fun day out with the family or for somewhere to host an outdoor event, Augusta has a variety of parks to suit every need including the Augusta Common, Diamond Lakes Regional Park, Pendleton Park and the municipal golf course.
- There are things to do to suit every taste. You can take in an Augusta Greenjackets baseball game, go on a canal river cruise, browse the Saturday market on the river or tour the historic area locals refer to as, “The Hill.”
With all the history in addition to a low cost of living and plenty of recreational activities, it’s easy to see why locals enjoy August so much.